Our Client, an all Villa Resort Located on the on the stunning white sandy beach, on the South East Coast of Zanzibar Island is seeking to recruit a Detail-Oriented Senior Accountant to be part of their Finance Team.
Compensation Package: Net Salary of USD (Net 800 - 1000), Accommodation, Medical Cover
Job Summary: Oversee all of the financial activities, including the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for future business growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below:
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the company ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly financial reports (Balance sheet, P&L, Cash flow statement etc.) on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Zanzibar/Tanzania. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Payroll & Payroll-Statutory' Management
- Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company's gross margin.
- Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by providing training, guidance, and direction to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Board of Directors for review and sign off.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by the Directors.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting plus CPA (K)
- At least 6+ overall experience in finance
- 3+ years' proven working experience as a Senior Accountant or higher level.
- Fully qualified and member of ICPAK
To be successful in this role, you must be:
- Attentive to detail and have exceptional organizational skills
- Able to think critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals