Our client, who is one of the leading local manufacturers of innovative lighting luminaries and cable management systems in Nairobi, is seeking to hire a passionate Estimation Engineer (Switchboards). As an Estimation Engineer, you will be responsible for estimating the cost and time required to build new products or services. The ideal candidate must be able to think creatively and critically at the same time. He/She needs to be able to come up with creative solutions to complex problems while also being able to break down those solutions into their component parts so that they can be properly estimated.
- Receive customer enquiries and scrutinize for adequacy of information to enable preparation of offer.
- Register the enquiries and maintain the register and files for Quotations, Confirmed Orders and Completed Orders
- Prepare conceptual design and cost estimation and quotation and forward to Sales Person for necessary action.
- Assist in compilation of Tender Documents
- Maintain and update adequate knowledge of products offered by the Company. Train new employees on product knowledge.
- Upon confirmation of order: -
- Prepare order acknowledge in consultation with Sales Person and forward the same to Sales Person for necessary action
- Handover necessary documents to production department for starting the fabrication works.
- Check drawings for approval prepared by Production and forward the same to Sales Person for necessary action.
- Check switchgear availability with stores and initiate procurement where required.
- Provide liaison between production and sales departments
- Upon completion of production, liaise with necessary departments and prepare as built costings and analyze with initial estimates and generate report on major discrepancies.
- Set up costing modules for enhance speed and reduce enquiry to quotation turnaround time
- Assist in QMS, EMS and OHSMS implementation.
- Maintain workplace safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a risk-free work environment
- Other duties as may from time to time be assigned to you
- Bachelor's degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Electronic engineering.
- Minimum two years' work experience in similar position
- Sound knowledge and understanding of electrical systems, switchgear and panel assemblies. Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, technical specifications and Bills of Quantities and generating optimized design from the same.
- Great understanding and knowledge of KEBS and IEC Standards as related to Switchboards
- Understanding of commercial terms and conditions given in the quotations.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Database, Outlook, CAD)
- Communication Skills