Our client is looking for an experienced Stores Assistant to join their team. The candidate's responsibilities will include Planning and coordinating stock management within the client's central stores.
- Receiving, verifying and distributing goods based on requisitions
- Monitoring reorder levels
- Managing the number of stock items to inventory control documents.
- Monitoring expiry dates on goods and keep expires at minimum
- Reporting on daily production and or problems with stocks/equipment/process concerning customer urgency.
- Ensuring proper store organization, labeling and arrangement.
- Advising the procurement assistant and user departments on special items and general movement of stock.
- Ensure a superior customer experience to all internal and external clients.
- Ensuring timely dispatch and relevant documentation for items supplied to camps
- Handling and reporting on items returned to the central stores from camp
- Following up on the movement of returnable empties (gas cylinders, crate, cooler boxes, laundry and empty water bottles)
- Ensuring that all supplier deliveries are consistent with the local purchase orders and invoices are reflecting the same.
- Following up on camps' pending balances and comments on delivery notes
- Manage proper inventory records
- Maintain set reorder levels
- Superior customer experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Minimum stock out situations at central stores
- Working within organizational budget
- Reduced stock related complaints
- Accurate and timely reports
- A diploma in supplies management from a reputable institution (preferably KNEC, CIPS or KISM)
- At least one-year relevant experience in managing a food store
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Stock movement management/inventory management skills
- Information management