Our client established in Kenya in 2008 has been working in civil construction, electrical and general supplies including non-pharmaceutical, Solar equipment and accessories supplies among others. The company's main office is in Nairobi with branch offices in Mandera, Kenya. They seek to recruit a results driven Business Services Manager to join their team.
The Business Services Manager based in the head office, Nairobi directly reporting to the Chairman. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the company's activities and employees with a sales attitude mindset that will enable the company to grow its market share and presence in the region.
S/he will also be required to be accountable for, but not limited, to the following key areas:
Business Development Tasks
- Develop business strategies, implementation operational framework and budget for growth and profitability
- Sources for new business through RFPS, Tender Requisitions, Client Referrals and converts leads to deals.
- Establish effective marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Manage and coordination of existing and new projects.
- Establish business partnerships including looking/creating business within the company mandates.
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally
- Ensuring that all legal and statutory regulatory requirements are complied with
- S/he is expected to train and develop internal human resources.
- Managing the office for optimal operational performance
- Ensuring Security and safety of the office
- Optimal coordination of the company resource and activities
- Management of Social media platforms
- Prepare periodic performance reports
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time relating to the Corporation's activities.
- Regularly audits work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met and that all projects delivered in a timely manner
- Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
- S/he should have ability to think strategically and to design realistic long and short-term business initiatives.
- S/he has a proven entrepreneurial leadership in managing people and financial resources and must have established a reputation for outstanding performance.
- Demonstrate Entrepreneurial approach,where decision is based on situational basis rather than conservative and conventional approaches will be an added advantage.
- knowledge and experience in the designing and executing of entrepreneurial marketing, communications
- Innovativeness and highly flexible without compromising the core principles of the company.
The Successful candidate must possess the below Personal Attributes
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and highly confidential.
- Team player with impeccable integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Minimal supervision.
- Must have highest level of honest and consistency
- Bachelors' degree business Administration, Business Management or related course. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years' experience in business development
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
If this sounds like you, submit your application today!
We shall only contact candidates who closely match the client's requirements.