Our client based in Tanzania is seeking a seasoned and skilled Operations Manager. In this role, you will oversee the general operations of the office and ensure that logistical needs are met. You will be an essential part of the smooth daily operation of our business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the management of daily operational activities.
- Performing administrative tasks, such as making travel arrangements, answering phones, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Managing office supplies and the maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinating the proper allocation of human resources.
- Arranging and assisting with the onboarding of new employees.
- Assisting with project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relations.
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Helping the organization's processes remain legally compliant
- Managing budgets and preparing financial reports for senior management.
- Planning and organizing conferences, events, staff training, and employee engagement activities.
- Preparing and maintaining operations documents and reports.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in Business administration, Operations Management or related field
- Significant experience as an operations coordinator or similar role. Minimum 5 years
- Must have General legal knowledge, finance and people skills
- Capacity to coordinate all functions of a company
- Consulting background is an added advantage
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Leadership skills
- Solid computer skills, including email and Microsoft Office
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Good typing skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules
- Highly organized with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Neat, professional appearance
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Friendly and personable