Our client with a group of schools seeks a self-driven and exemplary skilled finance executive to lead the finance department and contribute to the achievement of its long-term strategy.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm's finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
- Liase with management to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship skills
- Strong financial management and profit maximization skills
- Strong operational experience, with a sound grounding in the financial considerations of schools Group.
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of financial compliance and governance requirements
- Strong, positive leadership, able to influence service providers and management teams.
- Impeccable integrity and diligence
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure
Education and Experience:
- CPA/ACCA with a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline preferably augmented with an MBA.
- At least eight (8) years of financial management responsibility in a for-profit environment.
- Strong treasury and cash management background - especially in a school like an environment where cash is collected at the start of a term but the term runs for 4 months.
- Demonstrate experience in implementing robust financial management systems
- Timely reporting Compliance with all statutory requirements
- Cash management
- Driving efficiency in operations, including cost reduction strategies, and advising on opportunities for greater revenue generation
- Timely support to other senior management Evaluation
NOTE: Performance will be evaluated by the Board of Directors.