We are looking for an experienced HR Assistant who will be responsible for providing a comprehensive people management service to our client through guiding, coaching and supporting partners and staff in navigating and complying with HR policies and procedures, and working together to achieve best practice across all areas of HR.
- Ensure that HR administration runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Enroll new and existing staff members with the staff medical cover, pension scheme and group life and disability cover as per the firm policies.
- Ensure that the HR Manager is provided with accurate documents and information relating to staff leave entitlement and balance.
- Liaise with the secretaries and compile information about partners annual and sick leave.
- Provide support in the recruitment processes, including conducting interviews, back ground checks and appointments.
- Work with the Learning Manager to ensure proper Induction and on-boarding of new joiners.
- Assist with the selection process for pupils and graduate trainees.
- Actively participate and contributes to the Firm's pupillage initiatives
- Assist with the budgeting process with a focus on costs and HR related issues
- Involvement in ad hoc projects (e.g. engagement surveys, bench marking initiatives etc.)
- Conduct exit interviews as required and provide analysis of key themes and focus areas
- Provide HR advice in accordance with current legislation as well as consistent application of the Firm's policies and procedures through educating management and staff in terms of relevant legislation.
- Assist with providing employment relations advice to management in a manner that minimizes risk and supports the culture of the Firm.
- Support the HR Team to embed a performance management culture within the firm as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring feedback and the improvement of HR service delivery through behaviors aligned with the Firm values.
- Support the HR Manager and line managers with the identification of talent issues in the respective departments and assist in putting together the relevant manpower plans.
- Assist in driving the performance management process within designated departments, business services or offices, facilitate performance appraisals.
- Actively engage with employees to assist them in drafting development plans, monitoring progress and collaborate with the learning team to best facilitate and support development
- Track the performance management cycle, processes and ensure timely completion of performance appraisals
- Provide timely and relevant staff information to the HR Manager to assist with payroll preparation
- Minimum 3 years generalist HR experience preferably gained within a professional or financial services environment
- Relevant undergraduate degree in HR or related field of study
- Member of IHRM
- Proven knowledge of Employment legislations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding the importance of client service and the support role in a professional services organisation.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage between day-to-day requests and proactively driving a more strategic people agenda.
- Able to handle pressure and support others when under pressure
- Must welcome and react positively to feedback.
- Ability to identify and correct inaccuracies before work is completed so as to prevent errors.