Our Client, a diversified group of companies is looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join their team. The ideal candidate will be tasked with an overall responsibility of carrying out internal audits for the Bakeries within the Group of Companies and assist clients minimize operation and production costs and maximize on revenue targets.
- Assist the management in implementation of company policies through reporting on adherence or non-adherence of laid down policies of the company.
- Safeguard company resources against unaccountability and misuse through implementation of a proper functioning internal control system and periodic verification of asset existence.
- Review company's compliance with external laws and to ensure adherence.
- Assess the performance of organizational units to ascertain whether defined objectives have been achieved and whether those objectives were achieved efficiently.
- Conduct risk assessments and recommend appropriate practices of managing these risks.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of management policies
- Carry out independent investigations into company affairs as required by management
- Conduct cost studies to establish whether an entity is operating within the set standards and as per the company policy
- Make follow-up on the implementation of the audit recommendation and ensuring that improvements are made.
- Conduct physical stock takes and cash counts for our clients to ascertain the effectiveness of internal control systems put in stocks.
- Prepare audit reports on findings of the engagement with the entity's management attaching relevant supporting documents/audit evidence and document their comments on these audit findings.
- CPA finalist or its equivalent.
- Degree in accounting/finance or a related field
- At least two years' work experience in Internal Audit.
- Computer Competence (MS Office Applications)
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Independence of mind
- Objectivity and decisiveness