Client; Mechanical engineers and metal fabricators based in Nairobi.
Our client is looking for an experienced workshop Manager to ensure the revenues of the workshop are met along with the profitability targets. Manage the day-to-day activities of the workshop and ensure that all the jobs handled are completed on time within the cost allocated and complies with the quality while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Generate business for the workshop services by direct interactions with new clients for new business and existing clients for repeat business.
- Reduce customer complaints and rework orders, increase repeat business, achieve targeted customer visits
- Responsible for optimum utilization of resources available for the workshop in terms of machinery, manpower, utilities, consumables etc. For the various jobs being conducted for various clients.
- Ensure that the activities of the workshop are well coordinated in order to complete the jobs received within the allocated time frame, quality parameters, class requirements and budgeted cost.
- Coordinate with customers for planning and scheduling of activities prior to commencement of work and ensure appropriate approvals for the same.
- Develop and implement procedures for requisition of bill of materials and other resources from stores and purchase department and liaison with sub-contractors to get material and ensure their payments are made on time.
- Coordinate all related activities pertaining to testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of products
- Develop and implement a system to ensure regular maintenance service for the machinery and for breakdown related activities.
- Coordinate with other departments within the company for issues relating to administration, logistics, quality, purchase, HSE and production.
- Completion and submission of all required documentation to support the workshop activities including damage reports, repair procedures, quality tests and results, completion reports, additional work reports etc.
- Three years minimum in a similar role
- Diploma/Degree mechanical engineering or related technical engineering subject
- Should have great knowledge of engineering and be a technical person
- Results and solution focused
- Excellent communicator
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of Microsoft applications
- Ability to advise customers on the required jobs in a timely and professional manner