Client; Mechanical engineers and metal fabricators based in Nairobi.
We are looking for a skilled Lathe Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You'll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. The ideal candidate should be reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures are carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g., speed)
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Prepare the raw materials for parts manufacturing. This includes ensuring the materials used are the right size.
- Run the lathe and other machines in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform quality control on finished parts
- Oversee routine maintenance
- Proven experience as a Lathe machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g., constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus