We are still on the look to hire two internal audit assistants on a permanent basis to join our Client's internal audit team. Our Client is a leader in the food manufacturing industry.
The internal auditor assistants are responsible for timely execution of internal audits to assist clients minimize operation and production cost and maximize on revenue targets through assessing their internal control system. The successful candidates must have prior experience in internal Audit, and will possess thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and sound judgement.
No.of Positions: Two (2)
Employment Terms: Permanent with an initial probation period of a minimum of 3 months.
- Assist management in implementation of company policies through reporting on adherence or non-adherence of laid down policies of the company.
- Safeguard company resources against unaccountability and misuse through implementation of a proper functioning internal control system and periodic verification of asset existence.
- Review company's compliance with external laws and to ensure adherence.
- Assess the performance of organizational units to ascertain whether defined objectives have been achieved and whether those objectives were achieved efficiently.
- Conduct risk assessments and recommend appropriate practices of managing these risks.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of management policies
- Carry out independent investigations into company affairs as required by management
- Conduct cost studies to establish whether an entity is operating within the set standards and as per the company policy
- Make follow-up on the implementation of the audit recommendation and ensuring that improvements are made.
- Conduct physical stock takes and cash counts for our clients to ascertain the effectiveness of internal control systems put in stocks.
- Prepare audit reports on findings of the engagement with the entity's management attaching relevant supporting documents/audit evidence and document their comments on these audit findings.
- Must have at-least 1-2 years experience in internal audit capacity.
- At least CPA part 1 or CPA finalist.
- Degree in accounting or finance or any other related field is preferred.
- Computer Competence (MS Office Applications)
- Good operational Audits skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Independence of mind
- Objectivity and decisiveness
We will shortlist and vet on a rolling basis, so early application is highly recommended!