Our client, a law firm is looking for a Credit Controller Officer who will be responsible for overseeing the credit control section activities including but not limited to; management of credit approval process in line with the terms of reference of the credit control committee, periodic review of the credit terms and limits of debtor accounts and making recommendations for review of the same, follow up on collection of debt, managing legal matters in relation to debt recovery, involvement and monitoring debtor account management and reconciliations and supervising the credit control team.
You will know you are doing a great work when;
- Credit application, credit enhancement forms, and related supporting documentation are reviewed on time.
- All customer receipts including withholding VAT certificates received are posted to the correct accounts
- Reconciliations of receipts to invoices are done correctly and regularly
- Management of key accounts in respect of reconciliations and debt collections in liaison with the sales representatives are done as per company policy
- Any debtor related queries are responded to and resolved
- Overdue debts in liaison with sales representatives are frequently done
- You are monitoring consignment account activities
- You are liaising with lawyers on the cases related to the collection of problematic debtors
- Communication with customers is done effectively
- There is a periodic review of new customer accounts created to ensure the accuracy of data and correct classification of customers
- You have generated and compiled various reports required by management related to credit control
- You compile and make recommendations to the credit control committee on bad and doubtful debt provision and write-offs
- You periodically review any unutilized credit balances in the customer accounts
- All contracts and agreements with customers for consignment arrangements, tender pricing, contracts are well maintained etc
- You are a team player and can perform any other duties as may be specified from time to time falling within the scope of the finance team as a whole
- ACCA/ CPA (K)/ CCP qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Management/ related field
- Experience from Institutions such as Banking sectors, insurance companies, Microfinance Sectors preferred
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws especially the Kenyan VAT Act
- Working knowledge any Financial ERP/System.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Customer service experience
- It is a challenging role where you work with brilliant minds in a Top Tier Law Firm in Africa.
- Great compensation structure including medical and pension scheme.
- Career growth and training opportunities.