Our Client;A group of companies with three core business: manufacturing, logistics and services all dedicated to delivering excellence to their customers and partners. They are looking for an experienced Dairy & Juice Manufacturing Manager to join their team in Somaliland.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedure to aid and improve operational performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization General and Task Management.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimizing costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Update the production plan on a daily basis.
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess on going performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Compliance to Statutory Health and Safety and Environment
- Compliance to Statutory Food Laws
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Performing any other task as may be assigned from time to time by Management
Qualifications and work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Dairy Technology, Food Technology, Business Management or related field
- Post graduate or professional diploma in Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- A Minimum of ten (10) years post experience specially in milk & juice production set up
- Sound knowledge of business management, finance, industrial engineering and human resource management principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience in implementing and ensuring compliance to, quality systems production standards and health and safety standards
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should have problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
Working weekends and public holidays when required
Type of contract
- Light, water and internet will be paid by company
- Company will provide 3 meals days.
- Accommodation: Person will stay onsite in factory premises; we will provide onsite accommodation.
- Company will provide 2 economic tickets in year to your home country.
- Company will give 30 calendar days paid leave in a year.