Our client in FMCG industry is looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to join their team.
To provide primary link between the company and its customers with a network of sales channels and to develop the necessary business relationship that allows for the achievement of sales objectives, while coordinating both personnel and material resources.
- Describe the principal duties expected of this role and the quantitative aspects which signify its scope, such as volume, profit, budget
- Implement sales strategies, pricing, and credit policies and programs to enhance market presence and competitive performance of company products within a region.
- Achieve sales plans, achieves sales targets and performance standards aimed at improving market performance within a region.
- Manage & coordinate regional sales activities and all sales employees in the assigned region to maximize account sales.
- Drive actively primary and secondary distribution efficiently and effectively.
- Manage all stock situations in assigned region to prevent stock out or obsolete stock conditions.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationship with regional distribution networks.
- Administer sales and purchase agreements for products in the region.
- Monitor product distribution in support of total logistics.
- Liaise with warehouse, logistics to ensure that sales orders are serviced promptly.
- Obtain, on an on-going basis, competitor information to help the marketing department keep abreast of developments on the field.
- Gather data on sales performance and market trends on the company's products, for input in company sales forecasting.
- Recognize and prioritize the key retailers within the area, allocating resources appropriately in order to maximize sales.
- Dealership/Distributor Management.
- BSc or Higher National Diploma in Arts, Social sciences or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years cumulative field sales experience in a multinational FMCG company and must be willing and able to work in any part of the country.
- Marketing & Sales techniques
- Trade chain management
- Cost management Skills
- Negotiation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and a good listener
- Decision making Skills
- Time management
- Leadership Ability