Our client; one of the longest established tours company based in East Africa. They are looking for an experienced Spanish Sales Consultant to join their team.
To ensure all enquiries received via email or phone from agents and direct clients are handled in a timely and professional manner and converted into confirmed sales. To ensure that all services are booked accurately so clients are delighted by their safari and when needed to assist in resolving client problems.
- Translate itineraries and other relevant travel documents into Spanish for use in our Latin speaking market.
- Liaise with our Latin America Representative and Marketing department to help grow the Latin America Market.
- Booking holiday and safari packages for customers with a focus on their Camps
- Meeting sales targets as set out by the Company
- Responding to all emails promptly with a 12-hour turnaround time on Kenyan safari enquiries and a 24-hour turnaround on East African enquiries and if the work load is too much to achieve this inform the Customer Services Manager immediately so she can assist
- Tour costing, preparing customer quotations, final itineraries and raising invoices and preparing content for the Welcome packs and pager (minimum 3 days prior to client's arrival).
- Ensuring that all direct clients have paid the deposit in time and also the final payment is received 60days before travel.
- Issuing supplier vouchers for accommodation and flights and following through to ensure written confirmation is received and printed for the file
- Re-confirm all invoices raised by suppliers in regard to the client files and approving for the Accounts department to pay
- Procure flight tickets from the respective airlines and forward the same to the concerned member of staff
- Receive enquiries from overseas agents, local agents, direct overseas clients, direct resident clients, agent and press FAM trips
- Ensure to familiarize and go through all standard operating procedures on the GWSA shortcut manual for sales and reservations SOP's and guidelines and in case of any clarifications seek assistance from your work buddy or CSM.
- Procure entry tickets and requisition imprest as required for client files
- Accurately input park ticket requirements in tour plan and co-ordinate with reservations on park tickets
- Ensure that a client file is worked on from start to finish in a professional manner with all relevant booking correspondences and written service confirmations.
- Ensure all client details are correctly input on Tour plan for repeat clients, VIPs, honeymooners etc., source of booking/origin, and email addresses for travelers on tour plan.
- Submitting the client file to the reservations department as soon as the file is complete and then once again 3 weeks prior to client's arrival
- Briefing drivers prior to road safaris and on any other special arrangements
- Advising clients about passports, vaccinations, visas, foreign currency, travel insurance, excursions and all other queries travelers might have pre-departure and during the safari for confirmed clients/ files, requesting for transport from the transport organizer in the reservations department
- Answer direct client telephone inquiries in a professional manner and handle the inquiries in a timely manner to convert into a booking.
- Immediately informing the Customer Services Manager of any issues affecting clients and assisting in solving the problem and thereafter communicating with the agents or clients as required
- Relieve sales people when on leave when called upon/required to.
- Any other duties as may be directed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Tourism related degree\diploma
- Over 5 years progressive hands-on experience in a busy tour company handling non-resident clients, ideally KATO category A company.
- Sales qualifications is desirable though not a must
- Knowledge of ticketing or reservations software (Tour plan experience a plus)
- MS office suite
- Extremely organized with ability to store data and files in a logical and professional manner
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to use technology
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Independent thinker
- Focus on ensuring clients are looked after as a key priority regardless of the time
- Positive attitude towards clients, fellow team members, agents and suppliers
- Punctuality in regards to reporting time and work deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently