Our Client is a lean, vertically integrated IT company that develops and delivers solutions that help organizations enhance productivity, reduce costs and uncover valuable insights hidden in their data. As their clientele portfolio grows, they seek to bring on board a Pre-Sales Engineer to join their team.
The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers' business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal's "technical close".
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team- member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, Bachelor of Business and Information Technology
- Experience with SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Knowledge of solution architecture
- Experience in pre-sales engineer functions with selling cloud solutions into enterprise-level clients
- 2-3 Years' Experience of sales engineering experience in a business to business environment
- Product certification, engineering credentials or required technical credential requirements
If this is you, apply today!!!