Our client is looking for an experienced Sofa Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of goods. The ideal candidate will take the reins of our clients growing production operation. He/she will work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to the customers.
- Map out detailed forecast and planning for an exponential growth
- Work with supply chain department to forecast and plan for present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available.
- Ensure goods produced by your team meat quality standards
- Evaluate production schedules and labor requirements to plan team structure and development
- Develop and maintain production materials for different stations in the wood and upholstery teams
- Build strong rapport with the client's sofa production team through open communication, promote positive, safe, productive and efficient work environment
- Continually analyze, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
- Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training method that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
- Work closely with quality control to ensure that quality gaps are caught as early as possible in the production chain
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost or rework is reduced
- Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of plant, machinery and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials or components
- Continuously work to improve the cost of the products by optimizing raw material, labor and utilities
- Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels
- Review production practices and equipment, make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Support research and development to keep the production team up to date and working with the latest technology and using the most efficient manufacturing practices
- At least 5 years' experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Technical background is a plus
- Degree in a Business Management or any other related course
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Strong professional reference demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Strong management and leadership skills including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues.
- Candidates with at least 3 years' experience managing a team preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills including ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft excel