About our client;Their mission is to create climate-resilient communities around the world. By harnessing a circular economy, they transform agricultural waste into Bio-Grow, a high-impact soil-regenerating biochar compost, which will be returned to our network of over 100,000 smallholder farmers in Kenya, all whilst sequestering 25,000 Tonnes of CO2 annually. They are developing a portfolio of projects across East and South Africa that will sequester 300K Tonnes of CO2 annually in 2025.
As the Research and Development Manager, you will play a crucial role in leading in the development of their fertilizer as well as carrying out field trials and studies on its efficacy. As the company grows, you will also be responsible for developing new biochar-based products and to continuously monitor and report on the performance of their solutions in the field.
- Product development: Initially this will focus on their Bio-Grow organic fertilizer product however as they grow, it will apply to a wide range of new agricultural inputs.
- Field trials. You will lead on carrying out trials throughout the country.
- Biochar research and development: Working with the head of production, you will continuously research and evaluate new waste to be used as biochar feedstock.
- You will work closely with industry leading labs to ensure a high level of quality throughout all of our products.
- Impact measurement and reporting: You will lead on these initiatives carrying out monitoring and evaluation that will enable us to tell our story and share our impact.
- Quality control: Collaborating with the production team, you will ensure that all products meet quality standards before distribution, maintaining Bio-Logical's reputation for excellence.
- You will continuously evaluate our product offering, conducting research and seeking opportunities for improvement in efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- 5+ years of experience in a research role, preferably in agriculture or similar industry.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, biology, biochemistry or another related field.
- A demonstrable ability to be able to analyze complex data and to use it to improve products.
- Experience managing product development: Clear and demonstrable experience leading product development within a similar industry.
- Adept at identifying challenges and finding innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.