Our Client is looking for an experienced Operations Director to join their executive team. The candidate will work with the company's founders and senior management to lead growth of their manufacturing, supply chain and distribution operations as they scale nationwide to reach millions of families. He/she should be highly organized and systems-oriented.
Lead a team of hundreds in achieving bold goals
- Provide leadership and direction to departments which are home to most of our employees
- Lead manufacturing,supply chain and distribution operations through a period of rapid growth and change; the goal is to reach nationwide scale and preparation for regional expansion within 3 years
- Support the work of functional team heads in aligning their activities and those of their direct reports to the company's goals
- Lead planning with your team to make the system, infrastructure and human capital investments needed to drive rapid growth
- Take ownership of several of the company's most crucial KPIs
Promote a culture that drives growth
- Promote a strong management culture centered on performance and development and ensure this is cascaded to all levels of your teams
- Support the professional development of the operations management team while enabling them to serve as effective coaches for their own direct reports
- Lead the selection and development of talent across your departments
Drive continuous improvement as we scale
- Develop and update systems and business processes to support operations of increasing complexity and scale
- Drive a continuous improvement culture within the departments you lead, ensuring learning drives improvement every week in every team
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving efficiency and harmony within your departments as well as across function areas (with customer facing and administrative teams)
Requirements and qualifications.
- Minimum 7 Years' experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a motivator
- Must have successfully executed in a leadership role which required delivering against ambitious strategic goals before.
- Experience developing and implementing complex management systems within an organization.
- Strong analytical skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus