Our client based in Somaliland is looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join their team.
- Planning and managing all aspects of Maintenance department.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all manufacturing assets.
- Preventive maintenance implementation and execution.
- Scheduling and managing multiple shifts of technicians.
- Safety Measures.
- Environmental Measures.
- Budgetary control
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of planning, scheduling and execution of plant maintenance-Process & Utility equipment.
- Improved Maintenance planning by ensuring maintenance plan is developed in time and compiled in conjunction with Engineers and planner as per Company procedure.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures and programs; and ensuring all procedures & programs are documented as per company management system format and implemented to ensure production meets or performs better than budget.
- Maintained plant assets by coordinating the planning, scheduling and execution of plant Preventive Maintenance procedures in order to reduce downtime to company set standards and below.
- Ensure 100% compliance to maintenance schedules.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance.
- Implements and drives maintenance and reliability initiatives focused on preventive and predictive maintenance to avoid equipment / Machines breakdowns.
- Manage maintenance personnel by setting direction and priorities
- Participate in developing future production capacities by providing required support in the design and managing and coordinating new installations and upgrade projects and updating maintenance operating procedures and schedule to incorporate the changes.
- Develop skills of local engineers by identifying competency gaps and putting in place a development plan for each individual.
- Planning, recruiting, organizing, managing and developing key resources in order to drive and maintain team performance through established maintenance system.
- Staff trained as per development plan, coached and evaluated.
- Maintaining discipline and morale as per Company regulations so as to attain and maintain a disciplined, committed and motivated team.
- Managed staff grievances & discipline as per company laid down mechanism.
- Managed work performance by ensuring periodic reviews are completed within the section as per agreed timeframes.
- Formulating and developing annual section budgets as per company format and within agreed timeframes.
- Managing costs through monthly tracking and reviews of costs within the Asset Care Department to reflect actual rolling estimates.
- Monitoring expenses against budget daily and overspent or underspent account centers justified or corrected.
- Ensuring 100% compliance to health & Safety and environment by documenting, training and implementing procedures for all statutory and Company requirements.
- Observing and complying with food laws and food safety requirements.
- Attending meetings as required by business need.
- Preparing Accurate Management reports & communicating within agreed timeframe.
- Performing any other task as may be assigned from time to time by Management.
- BSC or HND in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 5 Years' experience in KOSME & KRONES machineries and equipment.
- Minimum 5 Years' experience in managerial position.
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication.
- Individual and Team Leadership.
- Project Management and Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and Critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative and solid judgment skills.
- Interpersonal competencies.
- Time perspective.
- Decisiveness and Assertiveness.
- Requires working in plant/production area.
- Working during weekends and public holidays when required.
- Flexibility. Job involves travelling
PS: It is an urgent role hence we shall review on a rolling basis. Candidates with Valid Passport will have an advantage.