Our client, a manufacturing pet food company located in Nairobi, along Mombasa Road is looking for a food technologist.
As a key part of the technical team, this role will be involved in a variety of technical processes, including specification management, product sample approval, and auditing of food safety systems and procedures.
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones
- Checking and improving safety and quality control procedures
- Researching current consumer markets and the latest technologies to develop new product concepts
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and work regulations regarding food treatment
- Produce small batches of products to test quality and consumer feedback before up-scaling to mass production.
- Providing innovative ideas in line with customer needs and predicted demands.
- Has a qualification in food technology and has good knowledge of nutrition.
- Has the ability to take initiative and work on his/her own
- Is passionate about conducting experiments and producing sample products, as well as designing the processes for making products with a consistent flavor, colour and texture in large quantities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Has at least 2-3 years' experience in a food industry
- Conversant in computer applications