Our client in the logistics sector who offer clearing and forwarding services seek to hire a competent Declaration Officer to join their team.
To accurately prepare and process error free customs entries on behalf of the company within the laid down legal and statutory requirements for the customs clearance procedure.
- Confirmation/verification of received shipment documents.
- Advising on additional information /documents required.
- Confirmation of invoices to ensure values tally with customs valuation for similar items.
- Confirmation and advice on HS Codes to be used for IDF/ entries.
- Ensure documents in files are correct and in order.
- Applying IDF on the KENTRADE System.
- Registering customs entries for all regimes- Export, Imports, Warehousing, Transit and Trans shipments.
- Preparing the required clearance documents for Port Clerks.
- Follow up with KRA, Kentrade and other government agencies for approval of entries, IDFs and other permits respectively.
- Advising company and clients in respects to declarations.
- Ensure timely resolving of declaration issues with authorities.
- Attend meetings and forums especially those related to Customs Documentation.
- Giving clients estimates of duties and taxes if required.
- Assist on preparation of bonds registration and cancellation documents.
- Ensure forwarding clerks have all required documents for clearance of cargo at KPA, CFS & KRA.
- Assist to sort out any tariff dispute by the custom officers during clearance and clarification on declaration in case it's required.
- Advise the Operations and sales team on the customs procedures, clarifications, duty tariff codes that might be required by the client.
- Advice management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations so as to help realize growth.
Specialist Training and Certifications
- EACFFPC/KRATI/KESRA Certification
- Single Window, TRADEX and KENTRADE with vide usage of TRADEX and KENTRADE.
- ICMS Training is mandatory
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in handling Diplomatic shipments and Live Animals entries.
- Experience and full understanding of Air freights and Sea Freights clearance procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of KENTRADE, TRADEX, ASYCUDA and TANCIS, ICMS online systems.
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Attention to details
- Ability to work long and strenuous hours
NB: It is an urgent fill and preferred candidates are those who can start immediately. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis.