The client is a Food Manufacturing Company producing a number of well-known brands in Kenya. They are looking for an experienced National sales manager to contribute to their company's sales strategy and objectives. Responsibilities include supervising the sales team and building long-term client relationships. As a National sales manager, you should use your creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to drive business growth. Ultimately, you should aspire to develop, grow and maintain successful relationships with large, distributed customers.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Lead nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Drive a distribution plan, with objectives, deliverables and results
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key
- personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and drive improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and reports
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients' needs
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
- Take ownership of driving brand visibility in both modern and informal trade.
- Proven work experience as a National sales manager (10+ years)
- Experience managing a high-performance sales team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with other departmental heads and closely co-ordinate with the marketing function.
- Availability to travel as needed
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, or related business field.