The role of Relationship Manager-Local Corporate is to build and maintain a high-quality portfolio of corporate clients. This entails understanding the needs of local corporate clients and developing tailored solutions to meet these needs using Bank's suite products and services targeted to the segment while ensuring compliance with the Bank's internal policies and regulatory.
- Developing a detailed strategy to grow and maintain a customer portfolio that will ensure the delivery of the business targets in accordance with the Department's annual performance plans. The strategy includes:
- A business strategy per client for existing clients
- Developing and implementing a calling plan for current and prospective customers
- Developing a list of high-potential new customers and a plan to approach these customers
- Filing concise, but informative, call reports after customer visits
- Providing feedback on the Bank's overall approach/strategy on the corporate segment to ensure continuous improvement.
- Market corporate products and services and grow quality corporate asset book, focusing on long-term development of mutually advantageous client relations while ensuring that all short-term objectives are met simultaneously.
- Conduct customized, high-quality sales pitches that will increase cross-sell among current customers and help acquire additional high-potential customers
- Enhance the Bank's profitability through funded and non-funded income and management of costs to deliver the overall financial performance of the Bank.
- Maintain proper client relationship in order to ensure retention and growth in corporate business
- Accountable for the level of quality service provided to customers within the portfolio being supported.
- Build and maintain a high-quality portfolio, monitor the Asset book to ensure good quality and reduce losses due to default. Effectively manage clients across the entire financing cycle.
- Ensuring efficiency in business processes and controls to minimize risk exposures. Practicing compliance with Sharia processes, all relevant legal, regulatory and bank policies.
- Mentoring and coaching junior relationship managers and relationship officers.
Skills and Experience Required for This Role
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university preferably in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics; or any relevant Business Degree
- Post Graduate degree (MBA, Masters in Finance / Strategy) is an added advantage.
- At least five (8) years experience in banking, with proven experience of at least (2-3) years in a similar position
- Experience managing borrowing customers and analyzing financing proposals, especially for Corporate Clients
- Credit and analytical skills
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong credit analysis, documentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to assess customer needs and develop products that suits their needs
- Experience in structured trade finance, syndication and project financing will be an added advantage
- Posses in-depth understanding and knowledge of Corporate Banking Products
- Proven sales experience in a client relationship role within corporate banking Ability to work to deadlines with proven time management skills
If this is an opportunity that is of interest to you, apply today!